Middle School Endorsement
- Apply credits toward your Middle School Endorsement.
- Complete all 4 courses online.
- Sign up at any time during the year.
- Learn at your own pace.
- Take up to 4 months to complete each online course.
- Fit courses around your busy teaching schedule.
Online Middle School Endorsement Courses
The following online courses apply to the Middle School Endorsement Requirements as stated by the North Dakota Education Standards & Practices Board.
- Adolescent Development Focusing on Middle School Education, T&L 900
- Improving Reading Comprehension Skills in Content Area Classes, T&L 900
- Middle School Philosophy and Curriculum, T&L 900
- Middle School Strategies, T&L 900
Middle School Endorsement Requirements
- Twenty clock hours of field experience in a middle school setting (documented with a letter from the school principal) or successful teaching experience in a middle school setting.
- Ten semester hours of the following content areas:
- Development of young adolescents
- Philosophy and curriculum (foundations) of middle school education
- Teaching reading and other study/learning skills in the content areas
- Methods and strategies for teaching in the middle grades
For complete information on Middle School Endorsement for Grades 5-8, visit the North Dakota Education Standards & Practices Board Web site or call 701.328.9641.
On-Campus Option: Graduate Studies for the Middle School Endorsement
- T&L 515: Middle School Curriculum – 3 credits (Summer Semesters)
- T&L 516: Philosophy & Foundation of Middle School – 3 credits (Fall Semesters)
- T&L 524: Readings in the Content Area – 3 credits (Summer Semesters)
- T&L 350: Development and Education of the Adolescent – 3 credits (Fall and Spring Semesters)
For Additional Information to Participate in On-Campus Coursework, contact:
Dr. Gail Ingwalson
Coordinator of the Middle School Program
Department of Teaching & Learning
UND College of Education & Human Development