Professional Development for Educators (PDE) provides innovative teaching and learning opportunities for 21st century PreK-12 educators. Through face-to face or online workshops, seminars and conferences, educators receive the professional development they need to continue their education and excel in the classroom. PDE annually serves more than 6,000 school administrators, teachers and other school professionals.
Graduate Professional Development Credits
Professional development learning events and online courses for PreK-12 educators are assigned a 900-level course designation. These graduate non-degree eligible credits:
- Help PreK-12 educators stay current in their fields.
- Meet general licensing renewel needs and salary advancement goals in the state of North Dakota.
- Designed for professional educators who have completed their baccalaureate degree.
NOTE: These non-transferable credits cannot be applied toward any UND degree or graduate certificate program. Prior to registering for 900 level courses, educators should verify with their certification/licensing boards to ensure professional development courses will meet their individual needs.
In order for a workshop, seminar, or conference to be approved for graduate professional development credit from UND it must:
- Be taught by an instructor with a master's degree or higher.
- Provide a minimum of 15 instructional hours for every credit offered.
- Be reviewed by the appropriate academic college and department at the University of North Dakota.
PDE Offerings and Services
- Interested in workshops, courses and various learning events? View Upcoming Workshops, or, Online Courses for Teachers.
- Are you planning a professional development event for local educators? View UND Credit Approval to submit your event for UND professional development credit.
- Would you like to develop and teach a workshop for other educators? View Teach a Workshop to find out how you can work with PDE.
- Need assistance, resources, or help in planning your professional development? View Contact Us.
- Want to pursue a graduate program online? View Online Master's Degrees or Online Graduate Certificates to get started.